To assemble and to test all assigned product families for the assigned manufacturing dept. and to assure conformity to specifications. Facilitates the use of resources to improve manufacturability and quality in a cost effective manner. Assists in analysis identification of root causes and correction of non-conformities.
- Assembles products/components according to established procedures. This may include some elements of fabrication such as deburring, touch up painting, grinding, match marking, labeling, etc. Assembly may require operating adjustments such as tuning, speed adjustments, setting potentiometers and operating the equipment to assure that the specified operating characteristics are achieved.
- Examines products and components using established testing and inspection methods to assure that the products conform to specifications and that the required procedures have been followed and the required documentation has been completed.
- Moves material to the next sequence in the process.
- Assists other operators when needed.
- Stocks, kits and cycle-counts material, as required.
- Focuses work toward the goal of improving schedule execution.
- Cleans and maintains work area and equipment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Able to read standard blueprints and understand sequence of assembly required.
- Math required: basic math functions, fractions, decimals, geometry and measuring methods.
- Able to work within a team environment.