Date: Sep 27, 2021
City: Tupelo MS
Job Requisition: 34704
Cooper Tire offers an entirely unique work experience because no matter what your title is, you’ll play a part in contributing to the development, manufacturing and marketing of some of the most innovative tire products in the world. Cooper is a fun and exciting place to work, and we easily stand apart from our competition. We’re constantly on the lookout for motivated individuals who lead by example and inspire others to greatness. The opportunities are endless and the rewards rich for those who believe that job satisfaction and career success begin with a satisfied customer. Careers are a Journey…Come Ride with Us!
The Production Supervisor for the Tire Room will supervise 2-20 employees and coordinate activities of workers engaged in operating variety of machines or processes by performing the following duties. Responsibilities of this position include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job Specific Duties:
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create schedules that meet both internal and external needs
- Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations
- Interprets specifications, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties
- Plans flow of materials through department
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Inspects and measures products to verify conformance to specifications
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment which fail to meet standards
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Maintains time and production records
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this job description. Performs other related functions.
- This job is exempt as to overtime pay requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Flexibility to work a 2-2-3 schedule rotating between days and nights
- Black Belt or Green Belt Certification
Cooper Tire is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture and opportunities to grow and develop. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.